Sunday, July 11, 2010

Peace Out, World Cup

Spain beat Holland, 1-0, in the World Cup final match today. I'm celebrating along with the rest of the world, but my celebration is a bit different. The World Cup is over! I am not a soccer fan by any stretch of the imagination. I just don't get it. The two teams run around for 45 uninterrupted minutes, kick the ball out of bounds quite often, and occasionally score a goal. It's not exciting enough for me. But I don't want to harp on the World Cup. Soccer players are incredible athletes and the fans are some of the most dedicated I've seen, but I can't begin to express how happy I am that the thing is over. Now we can focus on the better of the two footballs - American football. The offseason is virtually over, OTAs have all but been completed, and training camp is right around the corner. Living in South Jersey until I head back to Towson in August, I'm hoping to check out Eagles training camp and get a glimpse of how Kevin Kolb plays with the first team offense. But that's for later. For now, I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment